The Shinyosha is located on the west side of Haiden oratory.
It is rare that building is not decorated. It is simple,
but noble. Three portable shrines are enshrined inside. These
shrines will be used in Yayoi festival in April.
The original purpose
of this building was for a temporary use while Toshogu had been
repaired. It was built in 1617, but moved to the present place
in 1624-44. This is the oldest building in Nikko, and designated
as an important cultural property.
Masakiyo Nakai was the
official carpenter of Tokugawa shogunate, and he was in charge
of this building. Roof is Irimoya style, and copper tiled (originally
thatch), and there is the second roof on the back.